Thursday, February 6, 2014

With the harsh winter that we've been experiencing in West Virginia, my mind has been turned toward the hope of spring and the warmth and bright colors that accompany that time of the year. While I can't say that I enjoy everything about all four seasons, I can say that I find beauty in each one. From the magic that lies in the sparkle of untouched snow to the majesty of the changing trees in the fall, every season brings with it the beauty of God's creating hand.

As I've thought about this, I've also pondered the fact that seasons can be likened unto our lives. In many ways, our lives follow the same patterns that the seasons follow. Life naturally brings with it ups and downs. Sometimes the winter storms of our lives feel as though they will never end. In spite of the storms, however, there is something tremendously beautiful about the hope of spring. That hope is what can help us get through the stormy weather.

When spring finally rolls around, trees and plants that appeared to be dead through  the winter experience new life! Green leaves spring forth and flowers bloom as the freeze that prevented their growth dissipates. Sometimes, we may feel a sort of death inside of us. Whether it is from trials, sorrow, sin, or separation from God, the darkness and misery that can accompany such things can strangle us. At such times, happiness can beome dormant, I suppose, but we must remember that happiness never dies because it lies in someone who lives. We must never forget that we can find hope through Jesus Christ.

I've experienced many different winters throught the story of my life, some worse than others. Just as the patterns of the seasons never fail, my Savior, Jesus Christ, has never failed me. There is always a spring that follows the storm. And just as there is new life around us after the passing of winter, I see new life and growth within myself following each storm that life throws my way.

I am grateful for my Savior and the new life that He offers us, not just after we die ourselves, but also throughout our journey here on earth. He can renew us and make us better in spite of the difficulties. When we feel like life is pressing down on us and we have lost all strength, He is there with arms outstretched, ready to lift us up. He can truly make miracles in our lives if we will reach out to Him and wait on Him. His spring is everlasting and His happiness eternal, and that is truly a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment